Friday, October 8, 2010

Quilt...it's finally done!

So about 6 years ago I started on a project....making a quilt! I took a class with Kim Skinner (Aunt Kim) and a store in town. We cut out the fabric pieces, sewed them together to make the top layer and then pinned it together with the batting and backing. After the class was over we were supposed to sew the 3 layers together (which I did by hand) and then finish up the edges to complete it. I get slowly go thru sewing the layers together but I needed some help with the edging. Since it had been roughly 5 1/2 years since I started making this quilt Chet was very eager (to say the least) for me to show him a completed project! So I enlisted the help of Kim to finish the edge for me since now I have little time & a not so dependable sewing machine. So she did it for me! She returned it to me recently and I am very proud to show it off!


It is a twin bed size but works wonderfully as a couch throw.....especially 
when Chet wants to share my blanket! 


This is a close-up shot of one of the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment